Last year, The Riverside Inn was bought by SimpsInns, one of the leading family-owned hospitality groups with bars, restaurants and hotels across Ayrshire. An opportunity arose to acquire The Riverside Inn and owners, Malcolm and Karen Simpson, recognised the potential in the converted farmhouse, which had been operating as a quaint country pub and restaurant.
After taking ownership in June 2012 the owners decided to continue trading for the remainder of the season and only closed the doors after recent Hogmanay celebrations.
The Riverside Inn sits on acres of unspoilt Ayrshire countryside, mature woodland and adjacent to the River Doon. The premises, though warm and homely, were always in need of upgrade and refurbishment.
That said, it didn't stop leading restaurant critic Tam Cowan heap praise on The Riverside Inn on his visit there in 2012. The Simpsons feel now is the right time to carry out the refurbishment project, which they hope to have completed in time for spring this year.
Downloads and LinksSimpsInns is the award winning hospitality group based in Ayrshire and operates:
- The Waterside: 'Refurbishment of the Year' (SLTN Awards 2012)
- Malcolm Simpson: 'Entrepreneur of the Year' (SLTN Awards 2012)
- SimpsInns: 'Award for Success' Gold Medal winner (DRAM Awards 2012)
- SimpsInns: 'Ayrshire Family Business of the Year' (Ayrshire Business Awards 2011)
- Old Loans Inn: 'Small Hotel of the Year' (Golf Tourism Scotland 2011)
T: 01294 204040